This Mansion was built in 1918 as the Baxter summer home and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985 for its significance in persons and architecture. It is centrally located at the heart of the campus and now houses the school’s administration. This 2-story brick building has two single-story attached projecting rooms–one is semi-circular, which is visually prominent from the approach road, and the other is rectangular.
The Mansion has suffered from lack of maintenance for decades, resulting in considerable exterior deterioration. Damaged material was repaired where possible and deteriorated material was removed and replaced in kind–all in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior Standards. Later phases will repair other areas.